Thursday, April 26, 2012

It is time for Javascript . Are you ready to embrace it?


JavaScript is becoming more and more indispensable for any web developer to know. I have heard lost of bad and good stuff about JavaScript but I ask my self if they are not the programmers who write such bad  JavaScript code  are unpredictable or the differences in the JavaScript engines on various browsers makes us think the language is the problem .I have not  really done much JavaScript development  in my short and exciting career but  I think JavaScript works!! and you can see the power on  every client( mobile phones, tablets etc) connected to the web and needs a good experience. Some known JavaScript APIs are Jquery that  make it very easy to navigate the Dom , NodeJs for server and client development in JavaScript and finally I should not forget to mention Knockout Js which give you a clean way to write clean JavaScript code binned to your model using the MVVM pattern.

I bought my first JavaScript book Eloquent javascript after reading the online version of the book and I think it worth the money. It shows you how to think and code generally and in JavaScript. I am still reading and try to do solve the  assignments in the book before looking at the answers. Its really exciting to play with JavaScript learning about closures and the dynamic and functional nature of the language. I mostly write lots of C# and Jquery code at work but to understand Jquery well , one has to understand JavaScript because that's the source and the beginning.

I have been interested to learn  Html5 and I found it rather amazing how easily you can make an animation process with just a few lines of code. I think Html5 is awesome and is good some browsers now accept it. I hope this stays and combining Html5 , Javascript with SignalR that provides a duplex connection to the server one can do some amazing things in real time. May be i should just write a program to prove this.

I think every web developer can bear with me that there is so much  going on  in the web and is difficult to keep the pace with technologies coming and going. I think the key is know a lot of them but be a master in some of them you love. No matter what is going on the web there is only one language that can do all the magic and that is JavaScript. So maybe its time  for you to learn it to. As a developer, learning new stuff, reading and knowing new technologies should be part of your life style. submit to reddit

1 comment:

  1. This way my friend Wesley Virgin's tale starts with this SHOCKING AND CONTROVERSIAL VIDEO.

    You see, Wesley was in the military-and shortly after leaving-he unveiled hidden, "MIND CONTROL" tactics that the government and others used to get whatever they want.

    These are the EXACT same SECRETS lots of celebrities (notably those who "come out of nowhere") and elite business people used to become wealthy and famous.

    You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

    Mostly, that's because the majority of your brainpower is UNCONSCIOUS.

    Maybe this conversation has even taken place IN YOUR own brain... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's brain around seven years ago, while riding an unregistered, beat-up bucket of a car without a driver's license and $3.20 in his pocket.

    "I'm absolutely fed up with going through life paycheck to paycheck! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

    You've been a part of those those types of conversations, am I right?

    Your very own success story is going to start. Go and take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

    Watch Wesley Virgin's Video Now!

    ReplyDelete

Machine learning is the future

I am very enthusiastic about machine learning and the potential it has solve tough problems. Considering the fact that the amount of data we...