Thursday, March 22, 2012

Awesome stuff with C#5 and ASP.NET MVC 4

 I have been having a good  time watching these videos of one of my my favorite writers and developers  Steven Sanderson . These videos are all about the new  Asp.net 4 with Upshot, Knockout, WebApi and how they come together to make building Single page applications (SPA) faster and cleaner. The second video is about C#5  asynchronous operations and how this can be applied to web applications. The code to perform asynchronous calls to the database have been made less chunky and less complicated .Finally one also learns how asynchronous call work underneath and how duplex connection to the server are made and handled by SignalR.  You can read this article  Asynchronous scalable web applications with realtime persistent long running connections with SignalR.
I hope to put the  stuff I leanrt from these videos in my next application, Finally it seems as if there is no running away from JavaScript as a modern software developer who love web applications. Its time to embrace it  and have in your bag of tools. This could be a whole post on its own.
Here are the links to the videos.
submit to reddit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Machine learning is the future

I am very enthusiastic about machine learning and the potential it has solve tough problems. Considering the fact that the amount of data we...